Saturday, January 20, 2018

Traveling Through Illinois by LuAnn Cadden & Ted Cable

Traveling Through Illinois: Stories of I-55 Landmarks & Landscapes Between Chicago and St. Louis by LuAnn Cadden & Ted Cable, 190 pages

If you have ever traveled to Chicago and driven on I-55, I would say this is a handy book to have.  As I have been driving between St. Louis and Chicago every year for the past year, I wish someone had written this book sooner.  Just about everything that you find fascinating along I-55 you will find written in this book.  Written by southbound then by northbound exits, it is fascinating to read what I have been missing all these years.  For instance, I must stop by the grain elevator museum sometime soon to see what I have been missing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book. It was so interesting researching/writing it! You may also enjoy our Missouri I-70 book: "Driving Across Missouri: A Guide to I-70." Happy Reading!- LuAnn Cadden

    ReplyDelete